Choose the insurer that is committed to treating you fairly. ProAssurance has served the healthcare community with quality professional liability insurance and risk services since 1976. You can select from a broad spectrum of coverage options ranging from the straight forward to the sophisticated. Products are available for physicians (including a unique ob-gyn program), hospitals, healthcare facilities, and dentists; excess and surplus lines coverage also is available for hard-to-place risks. Physicians affiliated with an Ascension health ministry may qualify for the exclusive Certitude™ program.
YOU ... Treated Fairly
With ProAssurance, you can expect a flexible, single-source solution to help you address your unique situation. Count on our:
- making insurance as simple as possible. Working with Gallagher, we provide expert assistance to help you secure the coverage and services you need—helping you anticipate problems to increase ease.
- assisting through openness and transparency. Working with Gallagher, we will help you understand every service of interest so you can feel comfortable with what you are buying and using.
- providing opportunities for your important control. Working with Gallagher, you get our straight facts, supportive resources, and expertise to help you experience more control.
- helping you experience less uncertainty. Working with Gallagher, you get our help for your managing the uncertainty of today’s changing healthcare environment.
Your coverage is backed by financial strength and expertise
You need an insurer you can count on to be here today—and in the future. ProAssurance Group is rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best and has been honored as a Ward’s 50® top performer every year since 2007 (out of nearly 3,000 property casualty insurance companies examined). You can count on ProAssurance’s proven dependability and over 40 years of experience serving the healthcare community.
Your reputation as a physician is your most valuable asset. In a changing medical environment, having the right insurer to help you increase your control over that reputation is more important than ever. As a specialist in medical professional liability insurance, ProAssurance is the right choice to help you stay in control.
ProAssurance—for Hospitals and Healthcare Facilities
Healthcare continues to evolve, with the future hard to predict. You want flexible healthcare professional liability options, a single-source solution, and expertise to help you adapt to the changing medical environment. ProAssurance’s seasoned healthcare risk professionals listen, understand, and help make it easier for you to implement a customized a program that addresses your organization’s unique needs.
ProAssurance—for Physician Practices
Today’s medical practices face increasing complexity and risk. Your importance in healthcare delivery, along with growing risk, makes it critical to work with an insurer that helps you anticipate issues and solve practice management challenges. You can count on ProAssurance for consistency, transparency, and help.
Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance—for Ob-Gyns
A Risk Purchasing Group Program Underwritten by ProAssurance
As an ob-gyn, you can benefit from a professional liability insurance experience that is unique—particularly in its depth of understanding and consideration of the challenges you, your specialty, and your patients face. To provide you with an optimal experience, ProAssurance provides coverage for Ob-Gyn Risk Alliance members. This unique program provides the following advantages:
- A 25 percent up-front premium credit—based on your agreement to work with us to enhance patient safety
- Enhanced policy terms—such as separate primary limits for mother-and-child and an extended 60-day reporting period for claims without an assertion of liability*
- A stake in the program’s success—including profit-sharing premium renewal credit if the Alliance experiences favorable loss ratios
- Representation by practicing ob-gyns—who comprise the board of directors as well as claims and underwriting committees
- A personalized, differentiated defense—backed by financial strength and marshaled by defense counsel who specialize in ob-gyn claims
*Not available in Wisconsin.
ProAssurance DentistCare®—for Dentists
While you’ve been focused on your practice, the world of dentistry has changed. ProAssurance developed DentistCare® to help you address these changes with coverage that goes beyond the ordinary, including:
PracticeGuard®—helping you protect your practice in the event a covered dentist becomes disabled. Provides business overhead expenses, certain costs for hiring a replacement dentist, and defined disability income benefits (available for groups of ten or fewer dentists or oral surgeons)
Defense of Governmental Investigations—providing defense assistance during investigations pertaining to HIPAA, alleged improper/inappropriate treatment or improper reimbursement claims for Medicaid/Medicare patients, and OSHA regulations pertaining to bloodborne pathogens
Defense for Disciplinary Actions—providing defense assistance for charges or actions by a licensure commission or similar professional body
Medical Expenses—paying patients’ medical expenses for immediate aid required as a result of professional services furnished by an insured, regardless of fault
Depending on where you practice, you may also have several coverage options to choose from. Coverage forms vary by state.
Certitude™ —for Physicians affiliates with an Ascension Health Ministry
Certitude is a medical professional liability insurance program underwritten by ProAssurance for physicians/related professionals affiliated with Ascension health ministries. Integrating the importance of patient safety, the Certitude program first began insuring physicians in early 2011. Thousands of physicians in several states are now participating, with more state rollouts under development. Visit CertitudeByAscension.org.
The Certitude policy provides unique features, including claims defense that begins with a unified approach. Before Certitude, interests of providers and hospitals often have collided. Certitude’s unified approach is both intelligent and fair, as your voice is heard.
In addition, the Certitude policy provides assistance with response to a data breach or hacking event and reimbursement of certain costs related to that response (including defined fines and penalties). CyberAssurance® Plus provides liability coverage for certain network security and privacy wrongful acts for all physicians on your policy. It also provides coverage for defined costs related to patient notification, data recovery, and fines and penalties for violations of privacy regulations such as HIPAA.
Another unique feature of the Certitude policy is coverage for your peer review services—including participation in a duly constituted hospital committee for the purposes of credentialing persons seeking appointment to a medical staff or evaluating medical staff members. Because state laws governing insurance are unique (as is each state’s tort environment), your Certitude program may have additional unique features as well.
ProAssurance Specialty & ProAssurance Mid-Continent—
Excess and Surplus Lines Coverage
Brokers can utilize ProAssurance Specialty, an E&S company, for large complex healthcare risks as well as hard to place healthcare professional liability risks—and Mid-Continent for certain allied and entity healthcare risks.
ProAssurance Specialty writes the majority of ProAssurance’s excess and surplus business, as well as:
- Program-type insurance products for many types of professional liability risks; and
- Innovative coverage for the emerging liability areas such as telemedicine, virtual clinics, concierge medicine, and locum tenens staffing organizations
ProAssurance Mid-Continent’s core programs include:
- Allied healthcare (e.g., home health aides, dialysis centers, medical directors, occupational therapists, physical therapy clinics, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, speech therapists, surgical technicians, and many others);
- Long term care (e.g., residential and assisted living facilities, personal care homes, independent living homes, skilled nursing homes, intermediate care homes, and many other types of long-term care facilities); and
- Social services (e.g., licensed social workers, family counseling, psychologists, foster care placement services, crisis pregnancy centers, adoption agencies, alcohol and drug rehabilitation facilities, shelters, and many other social services)